Atlas has had a tough time here at SHS, he hasn’t been adopted once or twice but four times. This isn’t because he is a bad dog, but because he hasn’t found the right family that truly understands him and his unique quirks. He is a German Shepherd Husky Mix, so he has lots of energy. Also, he gets bored easily which leads him to chew up blankets and bedding; he loves being outside with room to stretch his legs!
WHAT SHS STAFF MEMBERS AND PAST OWNERS SAY ABOUT ATLAS:
- He was a great dog but too energetic, we couldn’t give him the attention he needs. – Past Owner
- Atlas might have separation anxiety; he would act out when he was left alone. – Past Owner
- Atlas loves his toys but gets protective when someone tries to take them away from him.
- He is active, intelligent, loyal, and so loving.
THE TYPE OF HOME ATLAS IS LOOKING FOR:
- Adult-only home with no other animals since Atlas resources guards his food and toys.
- Atlas would thrive in a household where there is a stay at home or work from home adult so he can get lots of love throughout the day.
- Atlas needs a backyard to run around in and different ways to get his energy out, he wouldn’t do well in an apartment.
Atlas is a great pup who is ready to find his dedicated forever family.
Read more about Atlas HERE.