will you leave a legacy of love?
With a simple gift that costs nothing during your lifetime, you can make a lasting impact. Every gift is important to us and shows that you share our vision. When you remember Spokane Humane Society in your will, you leave a legacy to your values as you help continue our work far into the future.
why include a charitable gift in your will?
- It’s an easy way to support Spokane Humane Society. Bequests of every size build our future financial strength, enabling us to help more animals.
- Tax-wise, it could be beneficial. Gifts to qualified charitable organizations reduce the value of your estate for tax purposes.
- You can change your mind. We won’t receive the gift until after your death. During your lifetime, you can amend anything you choose.
- It’s as simple as including language stating “I give ___ percent of the net value of my estate to Spokane Humane Society.”
let your legacy mirror your passion
- Make the gift unrestricted – it will be used for the top priority need identified at Spokane Humane Society.
- Make the gift restricted to support a specific area of interest (e.g., special treatment and recover of sick or injured animals).
- Set up a name fund, e.g., the Family Fund for Compassion.
- Memorialize or honor a loved one: ” This gift is made in memory of my dear friend, a supporter of the Spokane Humane Society.”
what could a gift to SHS look like?
- Give a percentage of your estate – e.g., “I give ____% of the net value of my estate as finally determined for federal estate tax purposes to Spokane Humane Society.”
- Give a percentage of the residue of your estate – the amount left after specific bequests have been given to individuals and organizations – e.g., ” I give ____% of the rest, residue, and a remainder of my estate to Spokane Humane Society.”
- Give a specific dollar amount or item of property – e.g., “I give Spokane Humane Society $____” or “I give Spokane Humane Society 100 share of IBM stock.”