Our focus remains on the health and well-being of our team members, all the animals in our care and the community we serve. Here are some things we have implemented to do so!
Enhanced Cleaning Practices & Additional Measures
In response to COVID-19, we are following recommendations from the Spokane Regional Health District and CDC.
- Increasing cleaning and sanitizing at our facilities to help prevent the spread of germs
- Enhanced hygiene reminders are posted at our shelter and veterinary clinic
- Practicing and encouraging social distancing
- Asking staff and visitors to please stay home if they are not feeling well
- Preparing contingency plans to ensure the right resources are in place to respond as the situation changes
Thank you for your role in supporting the health of our community and our furry friends in our care.
- Visit the Spokane Regional Health District’s COVID-19 page for a full list of resources.
- Please follow the CDC’s guidelines on how to stop the spread of germs.
Can pets spread coronavirus?
- To date, there is no evidence that companion animals or pets can spread COVID-19 (per CDC guidance). For the latest information about coronavirus and pets, we encourage you to visit the links below: